500 William Danforth Way
Gray Summit, MO 63039
The Purina Event Center is an 84,000 Square Foot state-of-the-art, indoor facility that opened in August 2010. It includes all the amenities that are needed to host a National Specialty Dog Show. We are lucky to have such an exceptional facility available for our National. Visit the Purina Farms Website to learn all about the location https://www.purina.com/about-purina/purina-farms/visit and the things to do while in the area.
Lambert – Saint Louis International Airport (STL)
General directions from Lambert Airport to Purina Farms:
70W > 270S > I-44W > MO-100N > MO-MMW
Located just 10 minutes west of Six Flags St. Louis on Highway 44. Take the Gray Summit exit #253 and head North on Highway 100 for 1/2 miles. Take a left and head West on MM for approx. one mile until you reach the Purina Farms entrance on the left-hand side of the road.
CLICK HERE For Information on the host Hotel and other hotels in the area,
CLICK HERE For information on RV Parking at Purina, RV rentals, commercial RV parks
Purina Farms asks that everybody attending the National comply with the following Rules:
Property Access and Building Hours
• The front Purina Farms entrance/exit gate is manned daily by a security guard from 8a.m. – 4p.m. to allow access to the property. Gates may be closed outside of these hours, but access to and from the property is still possible by pushing a call button at the gate or calling security at 636-221-1428 or 314-982-2217. The exit gate automatically opens to allow guests to leave.
• Regular Purina Event Center building hours are 6a.m – 6p.m. unless otherwise posted.
• No parking is allowed in the following areas: Fire lanes, inside either Hall (No vehicles are allowed to drive inside either hall) or on the sidewalks leading into either Hall except where loading and unloading is designated. In addition, no driving is allowed on sidewalks.
• Driving or parking on any grass at Purina Farms is prohibited.
• All guests must abide by the 15-minute unloading/loading parking time limit designated around the Purina Event Center.
• Duct tape may not be used in the building. Only painter’s tape and gaffer’s tape can be used on the floor and walls of the facility.
• Guests are responsible for cleaning up after their dogs. This includes properly disposing of waste and using designated relief areas and the public x-pen area on the East side of the Gateway Hall for all elimination needs.
• Designated stations throughout the facility should be used appropriately (i.e. watering station should not be used for waste or other materials and bathing tubs should not be used for cleaning crates.)
• Guests may not bring or use motorized vehicles on the property unless a medical condition requires the use of one. Documentation must be presented upon request by Purina Farms staff. An organization can rent motorized vehicles for use to help shuttle their participants around the property
• Golf carts may not be parked on sidewalks. Designated golf cart parking is available in the North parking lot of the Purina Event Center.
Food and Beverage
• No outside food or beverage, or outside food service/catering company, is allowed on the Purina Farms property (unless organization receives written permission from Purina Farms management).
• Any violation will be reported to the AKC.
Security and Overnight Crating
• Dogs may only stay overnight in the facility if the organization has arranged for overnight security through Purina Farms.
• Any dog staying overnight in the building must have a notecard on its crate clearly displaying a cell phone number of the owner and/handler in case of emergency. Guests may not be in the building after the building closes for the night at either 10p.m. or 11p.m. as posted.
• No dogs are allowed, except for service dogs: in the Checkerboard Café, on the second floor of the Purina Event Center (unless given prior permission) and in any restroom or human bathing area.
• All dogs are required to be on-leash at Purina Farms at all times (except when crated or as required to be judged.)
• No swimming (dogs and people) allowed in any ponds on the property.
• No dogs should be left unattended in the off-leash exercise areas or the public outdoor x-pens around the property.
• No helium balloons in either hall. Balloons can be used in the Founder’s Room (with approval from Purina Farms management). No glitter, confetti or candles allowed in Purina Farms facilities.
• Purina Farms is a “family friendly” place and public intoxication is prohibited.
• No exercise pens allowed around the front and back of the Purina Event Center or the grassy area adjacent to the East side of the Gateway Hall. Overall, exercise pens around the perimeter of the entire building are strongly discouraged. Any exercise pens on designated grassy areas should not have a flooring/covering to prevent damage to the grass.
• All organizations shipping items to Purina Farms should ship to “Purina Event Center Warehouse, 320 Checkerboard Loop, Gray Summit, MO 63039.” Boxes must be clearly marked for the organization. Organizations ship at their own risk. Purina Farms will not accept packages on behalf of vendors. All vendor packages will be refused.
• All veterinary exams, tests, and medical procedures must take place only in the Service Center unless an exception has been approved by Purina Farms management.
• All guests and their dogs must remain on the part of the property owned by Purina Farms. Trespassing on Purina Animal Nutrition property is forbidden. Purina Farms and Purina Animal Nutrition are not affiliated. Property map showing divisions can be provided upon request.
• Children under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times when on the grounds (including the Purina Farms Visitor Center and especially on the balcony at the Purina Event Center).
• Guests accept personal liability with respect to any claim made in respect to any damage or injury caused by their dogs or dogs in their possession.
• No selling of puppies, kittens, dogs or cats on the premises.
• Smoking, including the use of electronic cigarettes, is prohibited in buildings.
• No hunting, tent camping or swimming.
• Weapons of any kind, illegal drugs and fireworks are not permitted on the premises.
• Purina Farms logs all lost and found items and stores them in a locked area. Please email Purina Farms at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 314-982-3232 to retrieve a lost item. Proper identification must be shown in order to claim an item. Unclaimed larger items left on the property longer than 10 days will be thrown away. Smaller unclaimed items will be held for 30 days before being disposed.
• Guests are expected to demonstrate responsible pet ownership and responsible pet care while on the property as well as promote the overall health and well-being of pets. Any witnessed behavior or actions that are contrary to this will not be tolerated and should be reported to Purina Farms management.
Special Notes: Purina Farms staff reserves the right to refuse entry to any party/person or animal and retains the right to remove any person or persons and/or any animal from the premises in order to ensure the safety of any and all guests, including dogs and cats. Guests indemnify Purina, the affiliated person/s or businesses conducting the event, against any and all claims of arising that may be leveled against them, jointly or severally, in respect to any damage, injury or loss to persons, pets and/or property.
In the event a severe weather or tornado warning is issued for the immediate area, Site Security will notify the Purina Farms management team. The team will notify guests of an impending weather event via the property wide public address system and via the storm siren and announcements. Guests will be asked to seek cover in designated areas marked as severe weather shelter areas inside the Purina Farms facilities (those in the outdoor event areas should seek cover in one of the indoor facilities on the property). Areas at the Purina Event Center include the Gateway Hall, restrooms, South stairwell and the Great Hall if necessary. After the weather event ends, Purina Farms management teams will announce all clear.
• If weather is extreme after-hours, then security will unlock the Purina Event Center to allow overnight guests to come into the building with dogs at any time. The service center is also open 24/7 for campers to seek shelter.
• Should the weather look threatening, Purina Farms Security will go around the RV lot to notify overnight guests to seek shelter. Security will also visit the outdoor event areas around the property to let guests know there is threat.
IMPORTANT CONTACT NUMBERS WHILE AT PURINA FARMS
Security (24 hours) Nestle Purina Headquarters ….314-982-2222
Security (24 hours) Purina Farms ………………636-221-1428
Purina Farms Front Entrance Gate ………………314-982-2217
Boles Fire Protection District ………………..636-742-2313
Meramec Ambulance District…………………….636-257-3048
Washington Veterinary Clinic ………………….636-239-5445
Pacific Animal Hospital ………………………636-257-2100
St. Louis Animal Emergency Clinic (24 hours) ……314-822-7600
Webster Groves Animal Hospital &
Urgent Care Center (24 hours) …………………314-968-4310
Franklin County Sheriff Department …………….636-583-2560
Mercy Hospital in Washington, MO ………………636-239-8000
SSM Health St. Clare Hospital …………………636-496-2000